Voted “Best Answer” by Yahoo! Answers
While it may be easy to stick your hand in the cookie jar or stop at 7-11 for a bag of chips and a soda, snacks should be low-calorie and highly nutritious to satisfy the dieter until the next meal.
Healthy snacks to eat on the run:
- Fiber One bars (delicious, especially the chocolate and oats)
- Kashi TLC Trail mix bars (my personal favorites)
- Gnu Bars (have 12 grams of fiber in each one!)
- Handful of almonds or walnuts or pistachio nuts (already shelled, of course)
- An apple cored and quartered and a little bit of peanut butter in a plastic container to dip it in.
- Grapes, or a box of raisins
- String cheese or a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, or an ounce of a hard cheese
- Low-fat popcorn in a baggie
- Baby carrots and a little hummus (in a plastic container)
- A couple of those “Ones” Prunes. They’re delicious!
- Dried fruit
- Whole-grain pretzels
- Whole-grain crackers w/ peanut butter or cheese
- Some cream cheese smeared on luncheon meat and then rolled up like a cigar
- A piece of dark chocolate