You might have heard about the 5-4-3-2-1 diet plan already, but you might not have realized that there are actually a lot of programs that use the 5-4-3-2-1 principles but are actually very different from one another. So, having tried a number of them myself and balanced the advantages and disadvantages of each, I’ve created the ultimate diet program of its kind. This plan is an excellent way to jump-start your weight loss efforts, especially if you’re about to start dieting for the first time, or getting back to it after a break.
I created this diet as a sort of non-surgical gastric bypass, after observing my friend eat post-surgery. I was pretty sure it was going to be effective, but the results others were reporting to me, blew me away! Use this exciting new diet at home to lose weight fast. It is especially easy to use when eating out in restaurants too, so it’s quite a convenient way to diet. Follow it exactly as written and YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT - more importantly, YOU WILL BE SATISFIED.
What’s involved in the 5-4-3-2-1 diet plan?
- 5 bites of protein.
- 4 bites of vegetables.
- 3 bites of carbs, preferably whole grain.
- 2 bites of sweets.
1 minute between bites.
- Add: One mid-morning snack, one mid-afternoon snack (yogurt or other dairy, fruit, nuts), a multivitamin, and 8 glasses of water each day - staying hydrated is hugely important as it not only helps flush out the toxins from your body but also helps you feel fuller for longer.
Rules for The 5-4-3-2-1 Diet Plan..
The five steps are the key to the success of this program. The five bites of protein should be made up of lean protein such as white meat or fish. For the vegetables, try and get as much color in as possible for variety of nutrients. Whole grain carbs do NOT include white bread! Also, keep the two bites of sweets to two regular sized bites. Don’t forget to allow a minute between bites as this allows you to feel fuller quicker and for longer.
- If you don’t want dessert, you can eat two additional bites of protein, vegetables, or carbs.
- If your menu items are not separated, eat 14 total bites.
- One subtle way to help count bites is to move a piece of food off to the side of your plate for each bite you eat.
- Bites should be normal sized and chewed well. Eat ‘mindfully’ and savor each bite.
- Limit diet soda to one per day.
- Prepare foods in a healthy manner. Limit fats to two teaspoons of heart-healthy oils each day.
- Include a minimum of 30 minutes each day to burn maximum calories.
- Choose denser foods to stay full longer.