Voted “Best Answer” by Yahoo! Answers
Commit to these simple lifestyle changes. You will lose weight and become healthier:
- Weigh yourself once a week, at approx. the same time, wearing approx. the same thing.
- Try to make the healthiest choices possible when choosing food. For example, choose brown rice over white rice. Choose whole-grained bread over white bread, etc.
- Eat half of your normal portion at each meal.
- Never skip breakfast as it wakes up your metabolism and gets it working for the day.
- Only allow yourself one sweet on Saturday and one on Sunday (unless it’s a special occasion like a birthday). Chew sugarless gum when you want because sometimes you just need a flavor in your mouth.
- Drink mostly water and plenty of it. Save sweet drinks for special occasions. Limit soda-even diet. Skim milk is excellent!
- Try to hit all the major food groups when choosing your food: lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole-grains, and low-fat dairy.
- Be more active. Ride your bike, take a walk, put on some good tunes and dance, jump rope, etc. Try to do something that leaves you huffing and puffing for 30 minutes each day.