Eat Nutritious Foods..
to Jump-Start Metabolism
If you want to jump-start metabolism to assist with weight loss, then you need to follow some very simple guidelines. Getting your body “revved up” is easier than you might think, but the key is to be consistent over time! You can increase metabolism naturally, without unhealthy supplements. It’s really just a matter of desire, determination, and patience. People talk about high metabolism foods, but any healthy, nutrient-rich food is going to boost your metabolism and get you that much closer to your weight loss goals!
Basic steps and jump-start metabolism..
- Drink plenty of water! Hydrated cells function better than dehydrated cells, and nothing works as well as water to accomplish this goal. If you are dehydrated, you could be burning 2% fewer calories! Eliminate or severely limit sweet drinks and high-caloric drinks. They will be detrimental in the long run.
- Eat highly nutritious foods in small amounts several times a day. Your body can only process so much food at one time. Overloading it will guarantee that some will end up stored as fat. Eat three nutrient-rich meals and two healthy snacks each day. Women, especially, can benefit from following the 5-4-3-2-1 diet plan. Keep your meals between 400-500 calories each, and your snacks between 100-200 calories each. Where you fall within that range should depend on your gender, size, and activity level.
- Make sure that you start your day with breakfast. It doesn’t have to be a large meal, but you need something in your stomach to get things working in the morning. There are many low-calorie, healthy breakfast options.
- When planning your meals, be sure to incorporate plenty of fiber-rich foods (whole grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, etc.) and plenty of lean protein (fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc.). Pay attention to the food groups and the recommended portions for each. Learn how to eat healthy to jump-start metabolism.
NOTE: Preliminary research indicates that Omega-3s may boost fat metabolism, so eat plenty of Omega-3-rich food or take a supplement. In addition to your weight, it's good for your brain, heart, bones, joints, and skin!
- Exercise regularly at a level that leaves you huffing and puffing. It doesn’t matter if you are power walking, swimming, running, dancing, or shoveling snow. You need to be active and moving! Find that one simple exercise for weight loss that you can be happy with and learn how to burn maximum calories.
- Incorporate weight training into your weekly routine as muscle burns more efficiently than fat. A woman who strength trains three times a week for six months can build enough muscle to burn an extra 10-32 calories a day!
- Get as much laughter into your day as possible! When laughing, your metabolic rate can jump by 10-40 calories, and we all know that every calorie counts!
Follow these simple guidelines to jump-start metabolism and watch your pounds disappear! Watch, as your goals become reality!
Did You Know?
A 2011 report published in Strength and Conditioning Journal reports that the body burns approximately the same amount of fat regardless of whether you eat before or after a workout. The report goes on to state, however, that without proper fuel for the workout, your body may lose muscle, and your calorie-burn will be diminished. This study directly contradicts the myth that exercising on an empty stomach burns more fat.
Foods that Speed Metabolism / Discover Your Basal Metabolic Rate / Discover Your Target Heart Rate / Exercise Indoors Without Special Equipment / Easy Ways to Eat Healthy
LEAVE JUMP-START METABOLISM AND VISIT
MOTIVATION FOR WEIGHT LOSS