Gynecomastia or Male Breasts:
Eliminate Man Boobs!
"Man boobs" is a rather crude, but common term used to describe a condition known as gynecomastia.
This condition affects up to 40% of all adolescent males during puberty, but the vast majority grows out of it and requires no special treatment.
Technically, gynecomastia refers to the presence of actual breast tissue and can be a serious condition, requiring medical care.
This page will address what is actually referred to as "pseudogynecomastia". This condition involves fatty tissue in male breasts instead of actual breast tissue, and can usually be eliminated through diet and exercise. A doctor should be consulted to determine the difference.
- NEW! Check out The Pilot’s Diet and see amazing results in only 28 days! It’s FREE!
Easy Tips to Help Eliminate
- Your first line of defense against "man boobs" or pseudogynecomastia should be your diet. It’s important to eat healthy foods in healthy amounts. Focus on lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole-grains, low-fat dairy, and heart-healthy oils. Get plenty of fiber in your diet as fiber and protein are the two nutrients that will keep you full and satisfied the longest.
- Portion control is imperative! Your body can only process about 500 calories at a time, therefore, more frequent smaller meals are better than one or two large meals. While it's tempting to severely restrict calories, too little fuel will cause your metabolism to become sluggish and your weight loss will slow down. You can determine your daily calorie requirements using an easy formula.
- Keep track of your caloric intake with a food log or weight loss journal. Studies show that people who journal through their weight loss journeys stay on their diets longer and lose more weight than those who do not.
- Severely limit your sweet intake. This includes not only sweets that you eat but also sweets that you drink! Even diet soda needs to be severely limited. Save these things for special occasions only. To satisfy your sweet tooth, consider having a weight loss shake as one of your snacks. Don't forget that alcohol also slows weight loss.
- Drink plenty of water. This should be your main source of hydration! Not only does it keep you full and flushed, but it also aids in digestion and helps speed your metabolism.
- Do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio each day. Do it at an intensity that keeps you sweating, huffing and puffing!
- Activities that use the large leg muscles burn the most calories. These activities also tone the lower body quite effectively. Power walking, jogging, biking, skating, tennis, racquetball, basketball, swimming laps, jumping rope, dancing, and jumping jacks can all be very effective ways to burn calories and tone muscles. Keeping an exercise log can help keep you focused and motivated.
- Make weight training an important component of your daily workout. Do a variety of exercises that target and build the upper and lower chest areas, as well as your shoulders and upper back.
- Get a good night's sleep. Sleep deprivation works against weight loss!
- Be patient! Pseudogynecomastia won't disappear overnight. Be diligent and consistent with your diet and exercise. Stay focused and motivated to keep yourself on track. Remind yourself often of the many health benefits that you are achieving as a result of your lifestyle change.
- For more comprehensive information check out Body2Shape.com to lose belly fat, gain muscle mass and get ripped abs!
LEAVE "MAN BOOBS" AND VISIT ACUPUNCTURE AND WEIGHT LOSS