Raw honey benefits weight loss and is a natural, more nutritious alternative to refined sugars.
Unlike refined sugars, which are empty calories lacking minerals and vitamins, raw honey benefits weight loss because it contains minerals and vitamins that are good for you and can help boost your metabolism.
One of the reasons for raw honey’s weight loss benefits lies in the fact that it’s what’s known as a complex carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are sugar-based molecules that are classified as simple and complex. Simple carbohydrates have a simple chemical structure which means they are quickly broken down and digested by the body; unfortunately they have very little nutritional value.
A complex carbohydrate such as honey, is made up of three or more sugars that are linked together to form a chain. They take longer to digest, but they are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. They also don’t raise the blood sugar levels as quickly as simple carbohydrates.
Most honey found in the supermarket is not raw honey. It is heated, filtered and has been pasteurized. When honey is heated above natural hive temperatures, the nutritional benefits are removed. The high heat destroys the natural enzymes, vitamins, minerals and proteins which come from the pollen. Vitamins contained in raw honey are B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and antioxidant-rich vitamins and minerals.
Raw honey or organic honey can only be purchased directly from the bee farm or at your local markets or food stalls. The honey will contain honeycomb bits, particles, flecks of bee pollen and look cloudier in color.
Around one or three teaspoons of honey diluted in warm water or mixed in food is generally considered enough to get its nutritional benefits. Dissolving honey into hot coffee or tea as a replacement from refined sugars and artificial sweeteners is another healthy natural alternative. However, to get the most out of raw honey for weight loss, try the following methods:
1. Honey and lemon. Try this drink for its weight loss benefits. Raw honey should be mixed with lemon juice in a glass of warm water and drunk once in the morning on an empty stomach. The correct proportions for this drink would be one teaspoon of raw honey to two teaspoons of lemon juice. This drink helps increase the body’s metabolism, is an effective anti-cellulite treatment and helps lower cholesterol levels.
2. Honey and cinnamon. Raw honey’s weight loss benefits can be had by drinking this mixture that you need to prepare at night and drink in the morning. Dissolve around half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of boiling water. Let the cinnamon mixture stand for about half an hour. Filter out any big particles then add a teaspoon of raw honey.
3. Hibernation diet. Taking a spoonful or two of honey at night before you go to sleep will fuel up the liver and speed up your fat-burning metabolism to help with weight loss. Raw honey’s benefits also include an easing of the stress hormones to help you sleep better.
4. Honey after a meal. If you tend to overeat, there are two raw honey benefits, weight loss and an easing stomach discomfort. You can just take a few teaspoons of honey after a meal or try a honey and milk mix. Honey and milk are both good for bifidobacteria, good bacteria that are essential to the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
No matter what way you decide to take it, raw honey benefits weight loss, boosts metabolism and provides a more nutritional was to satisfy your need for a little taste of sweetness. Make the switch from refined sugars and artificial sweeteners to raw honey today.
Try Raw Honey now and click on the below link!
1. Excellent Source of Antioxidants
2. Slows Aging
3. Energy Boost
4. Supports Good Bacteria
5. Great aid in relieving morning sickness
6. Aids sleeping
7. Reduce seasonal allergies
8. Treating mild burns
9. Lower LDL cholesterol
11. Bloating, Gas and Acid Reflux
12. Helping Digestion