Curb Hunger With Even More Tips...
More tips to help you jump-start your diet:
- Drink a lot of water. There are no substitutes! Recent research indicates that we may not need to drink as much water as we once thought. Do it anyway! Drink at least one tall glass before sitting down to eat. Drink a glass each time you feel hungry, before you give in to the hunger. Many times thirst is the feeling that we mistake for hunger. At the very least, water is good for our skin! Recent research even indicates that hydration increases the body’s metabolism.
- Current research also indicates that calcium might help with weight loss by encouraging the body to absorb less fat or by boosting the metabolism. Drink low-fat or skim milk and reduced-fat or fat-free yogurts and cheeses. Consider taking a 500 mg calcium supplement.
- Eat protein for breakfast! It will keep you satisfied much longer. Make a point to eat some protein at each meal for that very reason. Keep in mind that protein portions are small. Three ounces is an acceptable portion size and that is about the size of your palm.
- An easy way to get lean protein for breakfast is to eat eggs. No longer believed to be little cholesterol devils, eggs are easy and nutritious! Hard boil them and take them with you if you're in a hurry.
- Add fiber to your diet. Fiber fills you up and keeps you satisfied. There are easy ways to get more fiber in your diet. Fiber also has many benefits for a healthy body!
- Don’t severely restrict fat from your diet. This is an important tip that people often ignore. “Healthy fats” in the right amounts help your body release weight. What are the healthy fats? Stick with canola oil, extra-virgin olive oil, avocados, and olives. Explore Meal ideas for the mediterranean diet long considered to be one of the healthiest diets in the world.
- Fats are necessary for hormonal balance, joint lubrication, clear skin, and healthy hair. Some recent research even indicates that healthy Omega-3s can help with fat-burning. Consider taking a fish oil capsule that contains a bunch of Omega-3s.
- Dr. Oz suggests that we eat salad last like Europeans. His tip is that salad provides fiber and a sweetness that may satisfy that need for dessert.
- Speaking of eating salads, an old Weight Watchers tip is to dip your fork into the salad dressing before spearing your bite of salad. That tiny amount of dressing per bite gives a wallop of a taste!
- Don’t be afraid of being “picky” when dining out. Ask for things the way you want them. Think of your weight loss journey as a “medical condition” that requires you to eat a certain way.
Continue on for more tips to help you experience success on your weight loss journey!
LEAVE THIS PAGE AND SEE MORE TIPS