Commit to these simple lifestyle changes. You will lose weight and become healthier:
1) Weigh yourself once a week, at approx. the same time, wearing approx. the same thing.
2) Try to make the healthiest choices possible when choosing food. For example, choose brown rice over white rice. Choose whole-grained bread over white bread, etc.
3) Eat half of your normal portion at each meal.
4) Never skip breakfast as it wakes up your metabolism and gets it working for the day.
5) Only allow yourself one sweet on Saturday and one on Sunday (unless it's a special occasion like a birthday). Chew sugarless gum when you want because sometimes you just need a flavor in your mouth.
6) Drink mostly water and plenty of it. Save sweet drinks for special occasions. Limit soda-even diet. Skim milk is excellent!
7) Try to hit all the major food groups when choosing your food: lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole-grains, and low-fat dairy.
8) Be more active. Ride your bike, take a walk, put on some good tunes and dance, jump rope, etc. Try to do something that leaves you huffing and puffing for 30 minutes each day.