FAQ-Healthy School Lunch Options
Promote Weight Loss
What are some healthy lunch options to take to school?
Voted "Best Answer" by Yahoo! Answers
While it may be convenient, or even good for networking, to go out to lunch everyday in the workplace, or to buy your lunch at school, it gets expensive and can make it more difficult to reach your weight loss goals. The secret to more nutritious lunches is to plan ahead.
Here are some healthier lunch options:
- Pack a little container of salad dressing and eat with raw veggies such as carrot and celery sticks, broccoli and cauliflower pieces, etc.
- Instead of a cookie or other sweet item, pack a mixture of dried fruit, nuts, and coconut.
- Add a few cubes of cheese or even string cheese for extra calcium.
- Pack apples and pears that have been cored and sectioned to make eating easier.
- Make extra salad at dinner and pack a small portion to eat with half a sandwich.
- Take a small container of 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter to smear on an apple or pear.
- Take a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and eat with veggies or whole-wheat crackers.
- Make a sandwich with whole wheat tortilla instead of bread. Fill it with veggies and some lean roast beef.
- Hot soup in a thermos.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Yogurt with a little fruit and some granola or Kashi on top.
View the original question and answer at Yahoo! Answers